The Club was founded in 1884 soon after the first Wimbledon Championships and is situated on Campden Hill in Kensington. The Club has 12 courts - six outdoor and six indoor - together with a practice area and a Clubhouse. The Club is non-profit making, owned by its members and run for the benefit of its membership of about 1,600 ranging from Juniors to Veterans.
A Committee of ten members has overall responsibility for the Club, with a Club manager, duty managers, bar and catering staff and a groundsman. The Club prides itself on its friendly and informal atmosphere, welcoming newcomers and encouraging members to socialise as well as play tennis.
Campden Hill Lawn Tennis Club The Club’s constitution is set out in the Club’s Articles of Association, which is available for inspection at the Club’s office. This deals with, amongst other things, the conduct of the Club’s meetings, the nomination and election of the Committee and its powers.